- Yoga Teacher Training 2016 was intense; but it was the most fulfilling intensive six (6) weeks I have ever experienced. The Faculty are all experts in their fields and brought valuable and insightful techniques that not only enhanced my personal practice but certainly set the foundation for my journey as a Yoga Teacher. The program offered much more than I expected. I learned my body parts, understanding the Anatomy of Yoga which I did not give much thought as a practitioner. Yoga Teacher Training changed that and now whenever I practice or teach I use that knowledge to create a better experience. If you are serious about your Yoga practice then the Yoga Teacher Training is a must. Make the investment, its the best gift you can give your mind and body.
- Let me start by saying this specifically to Trinidadians, living in Trinidad...if you want to change your life without "changing your life" then this intensive is for you. You can do this without changing your job and location. Sure, you won't have time to do some things...like spend an evening doing absolutely nothing! But this is a temporary sacrifice that will endless rewards. Sometimes you just won't want to do it and that's okay. Just remember the "why" you are doing it and that would help you to get through. This course will make you want to dig deeper, want more, know more...this was the beginning of a lifelong journey for me, that gets better with time, like wine. But I must mention that it is intense in EVERY sense of the word but it is surely worth it. I have no regrets in doing it. Sometimes I felt tired, annoyed, tired, overwhelmed and did I mention tired? mentally and physically, but I can never say that I regretted doing it. The Sangha Trinidad will always hold a special piece of my heart.
- The Sangha Trinidad’s 500-hour teacher-training prepares its trainees to teach principles and techniques of yoga that are more advanced, and to teach with greater skill, than could reasonably be expected of an RYT 200
- There are lots of well-trained and experienced persons out there who can teach you the countless Asanas and no doubt help you to become a qualified yoga instructor. But there is only one Karen Blackman – she not only teaches you those yoga Asanas but she also blows your mind and opens your heart to welcome and receive the true meaning of yoga. Most of all what stands out is her positive and uplifting interaction with people – you can see this is in her classes at the Sangha, she has a large following of students; many whom have been with her for a number of years. She consistently delivers new types of classes with fresh twists – so students are always challenged and keep coming back for more. Karen’s teacher training takes you on a holistic journey never to be forgotten – that year was one of the most memorable and life changing experiences of my life. There is the physically rigorous training and learning about the various aspects of yoga from a host of experienced local and international teachers which Karen hand picks to be part of her annual teacher training line up. And then there is that ‘mother like’ but boot - camp, tough but empathic, daring, inspirational and brave woman that is Karen Blackman to help you along every step of the way. Her experience and knowledge are truly vast and she is an excellent teacher – grabs your attention from the start and is always challenging you to reach new heights and try new things. She is not afraid to push you and let go of your hand as you discover your path on the journey to becoming a qualified and fantastic yoga instructor. So if your quest is to become a qualified yoga instructor or you are looking to deepen your practice and you want to be challenged, benefit from the experience of world class teachers and a fun learning environment, I definitely recommend that Karen Blackman is the person for you. Of course you can see for yourself by trying out her classes at the Sangha!
- The Sangha Teacher Training is the first of its kind throughout the Caribbean, as the only Yoga Alliance Registered 500 hour school in the region. However, the quality of the teacher training draws on excellent expertise from North America and the Caribbean. The program is specifically structured to be as accessible as possible, allowing for morning or evening options, which was a huge benefit for me as a single mom, with an extremely demanding job, as well as a young son. The benefits of this program are phenomenal, affecting not just my yoga practice but every facet of my life and resulting in a change of career to full-time yoga instructor. Karen Blackman was blessed with the gift of teaching yoga from her heart and shares every part of this with every student who makes the decision to embark on this journey.
- Completing The Sangha Trinidad Yoga Teacher Training program was a life changing experience for me. It helped me answer so many questions I had about my body and how it works and also about my life in general. The program helped me not only answer those questions for myself but also gave me the tools to help my students answer those questions for themselves. A truly invaluable experience!
- In short The Sangha Trinidad's Yoga Teacher Training programme positively transformed my life. Worth every moan, groan, tear, and sacrifice!
- My teacher training experience with The Sangha Trinidad, has launched me into new paths of personal growth. I love the way we are encouraged to play with, to create and even go beyond existing paradigms presenting fresh views of this multifaceted diamond.
- THE SANGHA TRINIDAD'S YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAMME, IS AN INTENSIVE, PRACTICAL, SCIENTIFIC, AND COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING PROGRAMME THAT PRODUCES A KNOWLEDGEABLE CREATIVE TEACHER AND DEEPENS YOUR YOGA PRACTICE. AT THE END YOU WOULD HAVE HAD A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE!
We finished our Teacher Training for 2018
If you would like to find out more just check out the pages under Teacher Training…so much info is available! And you can also message us with questions at 730-YOGA (9642) OR
email us at email@example.com
We’d love to help you!
Here are the Trainees from 2018!
CLICK HERE to find out more about them!