DID YA CHECK OUT THAT VIDEO?
This is more with an Aerial Hammock, but hey…it doesn’t hurt to dream that we could look like this *wink*
That’s right folks! THE SANGHA TRINIDAD PRESENTS…
AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 2019
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 TO SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 15
TAKING PLACE AT THE SANGHA TRINIDAD
LOCATED AT #6 SCOTT STREET, ST. CLAIR
FULL PAYMENT IS DUE BY SEPTEMBER 1, 2019
AND IS NON-REFUNDABLE AFTER THIS DATE
For more information on the Training, please see below…
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR message us at 730-YOGA (9642). We accept Cash! Can’t come in-person to pay? Direct Deposit and Manager’s Cheques/Bank Drafts. You can also pay by credit card via phone.
THE TRAINING INSTRUCTOR:
Haley Wall is a certified Aerial Yoga instructor, who has also been trained to train aerial yoga by The Lisa Kitteringham Aerial Yoga Program. She is also a certified Vinyasa Yoga, Hatha Yoga and Pre-Natal Yoga instructor, who is currently based out of Toronto. Haley’s experience exploring different forms of movement started 12 years ago when she began her extensive performative dance career. When she moved to Toronto in 2013 to attend the Ontario College of Art and Design University, she started taking yoga classes with Lisa Kitteringham, who soon thereafter became her mentor. Haley completed her first 250-hour yoga teacher training while she worked on her Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree. While working on her Degree, Haley also took the opportunity to study the human form within her art career by taking a series of figure drawing and painting classes, giving her the ability to perceive and teach subtle anatomical alignment to her students. In order to finesse her teaching style and learn how to fluidly integrate neuroscientific and philosophical concepts into her teaching, Haley additionally undertook a number of one-on-one mentorship sessions with Linda Malone, the owner of Iam Yoga Studios and the founder of Blu matter project. Along with Linda’s guidance, Haley added to her repertoire by taking Mental Health Sensitivity Training with Aaron Moore and Trauma-Sensitive yoga with David Emerson. This allows her approach to Training to be a lot more intuitive with regards to her students.
Haley has spent many hours in the sling practicing and teaching classes which focus on moving through smooth sequences with an underlying emphasis on anatomical alignment and safety. Her latest venture is in working with Christian Helm, the stretching guru and flexibility coach, where the focus of their training is in developing a balanced strengthening regime.
Haley is always looking for ways to gain new perspectives and discover new content to bring to her teaching and now The Sangha Trinidad welcomes her again, as we have the pleasure and honour of learning from again!
WHAT IS AERIAL YOGA?
Aerial Fitness is the hottest new fitness trend in North America, and this training will prepare you to be a part of this growing field. The movement in the slings is influenced by yoga, pilates, dance, and aerial silks. Participants don’t need any experience in any of those fields, as having the sling is like having a partner support you through different variations of yoga poses and strengthening exercises. The sling is used to change the student’s relationship to gravity, and therefore can both create more challenging poses as well as more restorative poses. Inversions are more accessible in the sling, as pressure on the spine is eliminated so that decompression and detoxification can occur.
- Dates to be confirmed in either APRIL or JULY but will be a full weekend: Friday evening for 5hrs and full days Saturday and Sunday 8AM to 7PM
- Must have a minimum 200hr Teacher Training Certificate in any discipline
- 25 hours of training that includes group classes, lecture and hands-on training and Practice Teaching
- Practicum (50 classes taught, 25 classes taken)
Lecture Component will include:
- Anatomy of the spine
- Anatomy of the shoulder girdle and hip socket
- Physiological and Mental Benefits of inversions
- Advantages when conditioning with the sling
- Contraindications for inverting
- Addressing injuries
- How to sequence smoothly and effectively
- Cueing for safety in the sling
- Addressing fear in inversions
Hands-on Training will include:
- Teaching and practicing inversions
- Modifying for multiple levels
- Full-body conditioning exercises and how to sequence and modify them
- Restorative poses and when and how to use them
- How to stretch effectively with the sling
- Modifying for injury, skill level and bodily proportions